Thursday, November 30, 2017

2. Indoor Brewery Pass: Sociable Ciderwerks

Friday, the Springer Puppy Gang checked another brewery off our passes and went to Sociable Ciderwerks holiday party. I'm not going to lie, Sociable Ciderwerks is one of my very favorite breweries, and I had a blast sampling the different drinks they had available for the celebration: rasberry freewheeler was a favorite, as well as the peach apricot kolsch, and I brought home mulled fat bike and apple for later.

The places was packed, so we got the shit socialized out of us. I was super proud of all the puppies, especially Kaylee because she's mine. And also because she was a rockstar. She didn't seem overwhelmed by the crowd at all, and worked hard on simple positions and matwork even though she was also freezing. We also hit a major milestone: the entire evening, Kaylee took every cookie I offered her. Usually, she gets distracted or isn't that interested, and so usually spits out at least a few. I think her willingness to eat for me at Sociable was less the food drive building work and more that I'm learning what she wants in a situation and how to present it to her, but it was still a big accomplishment for us.

After eating, drinking, and socializing our fill, we went back to Friend Megan's house so I could sober up -er, I mean, so the puppies could play. In addition to Megan's puppy, Earl (who is also Kaylee's brother), Kaylee's breeder (Jamie) brought her new puppy (Gigi). While the puppies played, I was treated to an education in the inner workings of English Springer Spaniels as a breed. I crammed in as much research as I could before I brought Kaylee home, but springers aren't a breed I've been following for years, and there's not much substitution for real conversation with breed enthusiasts.

TL;DR: A fun, entertaining evening where Kaylee got socialized and I both drank (maybe) too much and learned a lot. Win-win!

Parents of toddlers everywhere will recognize this as the universal "NOT TIRED" sleeping position.
Photo credit to Jamie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment