Sunday, November 5, 2017

Kaylee Ann



Allow me to show you the newest, permanent addition to the horde.

Now, I know what you're thinking, friends: "WTF. Laura, that's not a terrier or a bulldog!" How very astute of you, friends! You are quite correct. This little lady is actually an English Springer Spaniel.

Part of growing up means realizing that you will never own all of the different types of dog you would like to. While "springer spaniel" has never made it onto my short list of breeds to get before I die, she does have one very important characteristic that *is* on my short list.


You see, this perfect little girl happens to be completely deaf.

Many of you who have listened to me describe my next dog over the past several years will realize that this puppy and the puppy I thought I would have are very different. There's a long story behind that, with more than a little heartbreak, and a lot of right-place-right-time. Suffice to say that I am very pleased with this addition to our home, and I'm excited to go on all the adventures the future has for us.

As the great philosopher once said, "You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find you get what you need."

No comments:

Post a Comment